The Public Procurement of Innovation Award aims to recognise successful public procurement practices that have been used to purchase innovative, more effective and efficient products or services.
11 nominees chosen for Procurement of Innovation Award
- Région Rhône Alpes, for distance learning using robotics;
- Het Waterschapshuis, for a data service for water barrier management;
- Water Board Limburg, for efficient sludge treatment;
- Local Authority of Gijon, for a new e-procurement system;
- Erasmus MC, for an efficient bed washing facility;
- The City of Oslo, for a smart platform for more efficient health care;
- Town Council of the Municipality of Puerto Lumbreras, for greater energy efficiency in lighting and infrastructure;
- Resah, for an innovative cleaning process for clothes;
- A Coruña City Council, for an innovative smart city solution;
- The Federal Procurement Agency Austria, for a new information channel;
- Water Board Noorderzijlvest, for the integration of different data sources on rain fall.
At the end of July the jury will make a selection of six finalists. The winner will be revealed at the EcoProcura conference taking place in Ghent, Belgium on 24-26 September 2014.
"The quality of all applications was extremely high, making the jury’s evaluation a difficult task. We congratulate all those selected, and look forward to announcing a final winner. All candidates will benefit from the recognition offered by the Award." said Mark Hidson.
Meet the jury
- Bonifacio Garcia Porras, Head of Unit: Innovation Policy for Growth, DG Enterprise and Industry, European Commission
- Wouter Stolwijk, Director of PIANOo
- David Golding, Head of Strategy, Technology Strategy Board
- Mark Hidson, Deputy Regional Director of ICLEI and Global Director of ICLEI’s Sustainable Procurement Capacity Centre
What will the successful entry win?
The winning entry will receive:
- An award for innovation procurement excellence, together with the title “European innovation
procurement of the year”.
- A case study presented on the Procurement of Innovation Platform.
- Promotion across Europe and internationally.
- The possibility of a paid experience exchange visit to a selected public authority.
- Free entry to EcoProcura 2014 conference.
Who can apply?
The award is open to applicants from national, regional and local public authorities.
How do I apply?
To apply for the award simply complete the application form and send it to the Procurement of Innovation Platform team. Next year's award will be opened for applications in 2015.